November 30, 2011

7-up Biscuits Recipe

Pin It
I kept seeing this recipe making the rounds on Pinterest and was curious beyond belief.  Everything said they were the best biscuits and came together so quickly and easily.  I don't drink a lot of soda so we rarely have it in the house.  We just happened to have a little soda left over after my youngest daughters Birthday and it was the perfect opportunity to try these.  I've actually made them twice now and they were pretty darn good!  The first time I made them I used the Sour Cream and the second time I used Fat free plain Greek Yogurt.  I think I liked the flavor better with the Yogurt but they were both very yummy. 


You will need Butter, Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt, Bisquick, and 7-up or Sprite..I used diet and they worked out great.


Add the Bisquick and Sour Cream to a mixing bowl.
Mix them together using a fork. 

The dough gets really crumbly.

Mix in the 7-up or Sprite.

Use a bit of Bisquick to help avoid the dough sticking to the counter top.  I wish I had used at least double the Bisquick.

Place the Dough down on the sprinkled Bisquick.
Using your hands (with plenty of Bisquick on them) pat the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.

Melt the Butter in the bottom of a 9x9 pan.

Cut the Biscuits, I just used one of my drinking glasses, and place them in the pan.  My biscuits are a little wonky because I didn't use enough Bisquick and the dough was VERY sticky.

Bake 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown.  Even Wonky they turned out great.

Enjoy!


7-Up Biscuits Recipe
Source:  Plain Chicken

2 C Bisquick
1/2 C Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
1/2 C 7-up or Sprite..even diet will work
1/4 C melted butter

Preheat your oven to 450 Degrees.
In a large mixing bowl add together the Bisquick and Sour Cream.  Using a fork cut the sour cream into the biscuit mix.  Add in the Soda and mix together.  The dough is very soft and sticky.
Sprinkle a bit of extra Bisquick on your clean counter top and your hands then pat the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Melt the butter in the bottom of a 9x9 pan.  Cut the Biscuits with a Biscuit cutter or an ordinary round drinking glass.  Place the cut biscuits in the pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown and delicious.
Enjoy!
Per Biscuit in a 9 Biscuit batch (using Diet soda and fat free Sour Cream)

162 Calories
17 Carbs
9 Fat
2 Protein
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment