July 24, 2011

Guacamole Recipe

Pin It
Last summer I was very pregnant with my most recent baby.  I was in super lazy mode and just didn't want to do anything for myself.  Luckily for me, my sister had pity on my pregnant soul and invited me over to dinner so I wouldn't have to cook myself.  I don't remember what the main dish was..but as a side dish she made the most amazing Guacamole ever.  Now I don't know if it was because I was great with child or what, but this Guacamole was so amazing.  It was so fantastic that I decided to go to the store and buy some Guacamole to eat the very next day(remember I was far too lazy to do any cooking of my own).  Now after having the delicious, rich, creamy homemade Guacamole the sad, bland, strange tasting store bought sludge was a major disappointment.  I vowed that day never to buy the store bought again!  Fast forward almost a whole year later and I wanted Guacamole again.  I found this recipe by Alton Brown and whipped up a batch of the deliciousness.  It was so yummy that we ate it all up with no leftovers for my poor husband who had to work.

You will need Avocados, Onion, Lime, Garlic, Tomato, Salt, Cayenne, and Cumin.

Slice up your Avocados and remove the pits.  Don't throw away all the pits you'll want one or two at the end.


Remove the Avocado from the shell and place in a good sized dish.  Juice the lime and add to the Avocado.

Add the Salt, Cumin, And Cayenne.

Using a fork Mash it all up and mix the spices all around.  I like a little texture so I didn't mash it to an oblivion.

Now add in the diced Tomato, diced Onion, and Minced Garlic.  Mix it all in and allow the Guacamole to sit at room temperature an hour for the flavors to marry.  I like to stick a pit or 2 in at this point cause I think it helps avoid browning. 

Enjoy!


Guacamole Recipe
Source:  Alton Brown- Food Network

3Avocados
1 Lime
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1/2 Onion, Diced
2 Tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 Garlic clove, minced


In a large bowl place the Avocado, lime juice, Salt, Cumin, and Cayenne.  Using a fork mash up the Avocado and mix all the seasoning in.  Don't over mash it's nice with a little bit of texture.  Add in the Onions, Tomatoes, and Garlic.  Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.

Enjoy!

Approximately 5 Servings

209 Calories
14 Carbs
18 Fat
3 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment