August 8, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe

Pin It
My Mom makes the most amazing Chicken and Dumplings in the world.  This dish was so delicious that my Mom once offered to make it for our neighbor who had just had surgery.  Her Mother was staying with her to help her recuperate and griped about how much she hated Chicken and Dumplings.  After trying my Mom's amazing food she was whistling a new tune about Dumplings!  But, as with most amazing things my Mom made, they took more time than I have on a weeknight.  Who has the time to make stock and noodle soup from scratch?  I found this recipe and it was so easy that I had to give it a try.  It was tasty and the chicken was very tender.  But it certainly wasn't my Mom's Chicken and Dumplings.  But for a weeknight it will do just fine.  If I make it again I think I'll add some carrots and celery because in my opinion those belong in a good chicken noodle dish.

You will need a Crock Pot, Chicken Broth, dried Parsley, Cream of Chicken Soup, Onion, Refrigerated Biscuit dough, and Chicken.


Add the Cream of Chicken Soup and Broth to the Crock Pot.

Sprinkle in some dried Parsley and a bit of Salt & Pepper

Dice up 1/2 a Large Onion and mix everything together well.

Place the Chicken (I used thawed chicken) into the pool and try and submerge as much as you can.

Cover and cook on High 4-6 Hours

Take 4 of the Refrigerated Biscuits..

and cut them up into little chunks

Stick it in the crock pot on top of the chicken mixture.  Cover and cook another 30-60 minutes once the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink.

I ended up cooking the biscuits for an hour.

I left my chicken pieces big but you can shred it up if you want to.  Enjoy!



Crockpot chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Soucre:  Bubble Crumb

4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Cans 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can 33% Less Sodium Chicken Broth
1/2 Large Onion Diced
1 TBSP Dried Parsley
4 Large Refrigerator Biscuits

To your Crockpot add the Cream of Chicken Soups, Broth, Diced Onion, Parsley and mix it together well.  Add in the Chicken and try to submerge it as much as possible.  Set Crockpot to high and cook 4-6 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked (mine went about 4 hours).

Cut your biscuits up into little chunks and place on top of the chicken mixture.  Place lid on Crockpot and cook another 30-60 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through (I cooked mine for 60 min).

Enjoy!

Approximately 6 servings

314 Calories
30 Carbs
9 Fat
29 protein Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I made this today for my family, they enjoyed it! It was great simple and easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! It was very good! Will definitely cook this again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was a BIG HIT with the family. Making it again as we speak for Christmas dinner! So simple and quick!

    ReplyDelete