August 29, 2011

Crepes Recipe

Pin It
The first time I tried crepes was also the first time I tried Nutella.  It was true love at first bite for both.  I was 20 years old and had spent the night at my friends brother-in-laws house.  We had gone out of town for a big Halloween party and didn't want to drive home really late.  Not only was the hostess very kind to let several strangers camp at her house but she also treated us to an amazing breakfast the next morning!  I was obsessed with crepes for a little while after this adventure and would make them often.  But as the years went by I kind of forgot about them and Nutella.  One day while cruising the web I came across this recipe and made crepes the very next morning.  They were so quick and easy and a prefect reminder of how much I enjoy crepes.

You will need Flour, Eggs, Milk, Salt, and Canola Oil to make the crepes.  I like to top them with Nutella, Powdered Sugar, and Banana.

In a bowl add the Flour, Salt,  Oil, and Eggs.

Then add in the milk.

Mix well with a spatula.

In a small non-stick pan add about a tsp of Butter and let it melt.  Make sure to swoosh it around.

Add about 2 TBSP of Crepes batter to your hot pan.
Swoosh it around.

Try to cover the bottom of the pan with a light layer of batter.

After a couple of minutes the sides will start to dry up and crack a bit.  Now is the time to flip.  Cook both sides for a couple minutes until the dough is firm but still soft.

Remove from pan and let sit on a paper towel.

Spread on a layer of Nutella.

Place a few Banana slices on top.

Add a sprinkling of Powdered Sugar to make everything really exceptional.

I like to sprinkle a little more powdered sugar on top.  Enjoy!


Crepes Recipe (Note I usually make a half batch because this makes a pretty big batch for my small family)
Source:  Redhead Recipes

1 C Flour
1 1/2 C Milk
2 Eggs
1 tsp Oil
1/4 tsp Salt

Combine all the ingredients and mix well.  Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan.  Add about 2 TBSP of batter to the pan.  Lift pan and swoosh around to get the batter to lightly cover the pan.  Return to burner and cook about 2 minutes and flip then cook another 2 minutes.  Place the cooked crepes on a paper towel.

Enjoy!

Approximately 20 Crepes (plain)

37 Calories
5 Carbs
1 Fat
2 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment