February 20, 2012

Chickpea & Chicken Noodle Soup

Pin It
I really like Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) and enjoy finding different ways to eat them.  I used to only eat them when I went to a buffet in my salad.  Now I love to eat them in so many different dishes.  I came across this recipe and was very excited to give it a try.  I am notorious for under seasoning foods because I am nervous to over do it.  This turned out so perfectly and my whole family loved it. 

You will need Parmesan Cheese, Salt & Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Noodles, Chickpeas, Chicken, Chicken Broth, and Oil. 
I also decided to add 2 Carrots.

Boil the Chicken..I just threw it in frozen.

Chop up the Garlic.

Warm a Big pot over medium heat add in the Oil, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes and stir around.

Peel and chop up the Carrots.

In a pot add the Broth, Water, Carrots, and Seasoning.  Bring everything to a boil.

Then add in the Chickpeas
And the Noodles.
Chop up the cooked Chicken and add to the soup.

Gently boil for 8-12 minutes or until the Noodles are cooked through.


Before serving add a bit of Parmesan Cheese.  Enjoy!

Chickpea and Chicken Noodle Soup
Source: The Sister's Cafe

1 TBSP Canola Oil
4 Cloves Garlic
4 (14.5 oz) cans Chicken Broth
2 Carrots, peeled and diced
2 Chicken Breasts
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 to 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 (15.5 oz) Cans Chickpeas, drain and rinse
1 C Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese for serving

Bring a pan of water to a boil then add the Chicken Breasts and cook until no longer pink.  When the Chicken is fully cooked remove from water and shred or chop into bit sized bits.

Heat a large pot over medium heat.  Add the Oil, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes.  Saute for a few minutes.  Add the broth, Carrots, Salt & Pepper, and Italian Seasoning and bring to a boil.  Stir in the Chickpeas, Chopped Chicken, and Pasta and stir everything together well.  Gently boil 8-12 minutes until the pasta is tender.

Top with Parmesan Cheese.

Enjoy!

Approximately 10 servings (info doesn't include Parmesan Cheese)

288 Calories
49 Carbs
4 Fat
16 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment