February 15, 2012

Peppermint Chex Mix Recipe

Pin It
Guess who is back to Christmas again.  Yep..it's me.  Now I am doing Christmas in February.  Oh the shame.  But this was too yummy and easy to not post about.  For my Christmas cookie party I wanted a quick and easy snack for the ladies to munch on.  I found this yummy looking recipe and I was so glad I did.  Give it a try when you have a Christmas party and want something that whips up in minutes and can be made ahead.


You will need Crushed Candy Canes, Almond Bark, and Chex.  I tired it with both Rice and Corn Chex.

I had crushed candy canes that my sister gave me as a gift.

Put the Chex in a large bowl.

Place the Almond Bark in a microwave safe dish and melt following package directions.



Pour the melted Almond Bark over the Chex.


Add in the Crushed Candy Canes.

Slowly and carefully fold everything together. 

Transfer the Chex to a parchment covered baking sheet and spread out in a thin layer.


Sprinkle a little Crushed Candy Canes over the top.

Looking good but not done yet!

Drizzle a bit more of the melted Almond Bark over the top then give it a bit of time to harden.


Break up and Enjoy!



Peppermint Chex Mix Recipe
Source: Utah Deal Diva

6 C Rice Chex (also good with corn chex)
1 (12 oz) package of White Almond Bark
1/3 C Coarsely crushed Candy Canes

Place Chex in a large bowl.

Melt the White Almond Bark according to package instructions.  Pour melted Almond Bark and half of the Crushed Candy Canes on top of the Chex.  Carefully mix everything together.

Transfer from the bowl to a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.  Spread out into a thin layer and sprinkle the rest of the Crushed Candy Canes over the top.  Melt a little more Almond Bark and drizzle over the top.

Allow to set up at least 20 minutes.  Once set up break up into chunks.

Enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment