June 3, 2011

Spaghetti Taco Recipe

Pin It
Yes, I made the famous iCarly Spaghetti Tacos!  I don't know what it was about this recipe that called out to me.  Perhaps it was the opportunity to mix Marinara and taco seasoning.  Or perhaps the opportunity to put spaghetti noodles in my taco shell.  Or perhaps it was just the absolute absurdity of making Spaghetti Tacos that appealed to me.  But whatever it was when I heard about this I just had to try it.  The idea came from a gag on a Nickelodeon show and apparently it is taking the world by storm.  So grab your umbrella and give em a try.

You will need Marinara Sauce, Taco Shells, Ground Beef, Tabasco Sauce, Spaghetti, Onion, Avocado, Pepper, Taco Seasoning, Salsa, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, and Lettuce.

Start by warming up a non-stick skillet.  Add your chopped up Onion and Pepper.  I used a lovely Anaheim Pepper but you could use any kind of pepper.  Then you will add your meat and brown it all up.

You will add Taco Seasoning to the meat mixture.  I used about a Tablespoon but think next time I would use 2.   And yes, I did just say next time.

Now cook half a package of Spaghetti noodles according to package directions.


Add the Marinara into the meat mixture.  Weird, Marinara and Taco meat.  Strange friends to say the very least.

When the Spaghetti is done drain it well and add it back into the pan.  Add a few dashes of Tabasco Sauce to spice it up a little.  I just added a few dashes because I have a little one who is anti hot and spicy.



Now mix together your Spaghetti and the marinara taco meat mixture.  Weird.
Now get your taco shell ready for the adventure of a lifetime.  I used these fancy flat bottomed Old El Paso shells and found them to be useful.  Although a bit large for my 3 year olds little mouth.



Add a bit of TacoMeat /Marinara mixture and top with shredded cheese.  I like to get the cheese just on top of the warm meat mixture to help it melt a bit.


Then add lettuce and avocado chunks.


Top with plenty of Salsa and Sour Cream.

Enjoy!

 Spaghetti Tacos
Source:  iCarly

1/2 package Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles
Taco Shells
1 Lb Ground Beef
1/2 Onion Chopped
Pepper Chopped
1-2 TBSP Taco Seasoning
1/2 Jar Marinara Sauce
Few Dashes Tabasco Sauce

To top:
Avocado chopped
Lettuce chopped
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese

Nutritional info for one Taco

283 Calories
31 Carbs
15 Fat
9 Protein

Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment