May 29, 2011

Carrot Cake Pancakes Recipe

Pin It
I love pancakes.  This is a love the reaches all the way back into my childhood.  Saturday mornings were very special at my house because my Mom would make us pancakes.  I loved everything about pancakes..the smell, the taste, the different toppings, the giant Pancake my Mom always made with the last of the mix.  Ahhh, pancakes!  I like playing around with pancakes at my house.  I was recently looking through magazine I got at Raley's grocery store when I was visiting family in California.  We don't have Raley's where I live and I'm feeling pretty sad about that.  I found an amazing recipe for Carrot Cake Pancakes and knew I had to give them a try.  Talk about a new favorite recipe at my house!  Yum!

You will need Pancake mix, Carrots, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, and milk and eggs depending on your pancake mix.

Mix together what you need to make your pancakes plus the Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon. 

Then add your grated carrot.  Try not to over mix.  As a kid I thought you had to whip the heck out of the mix.  No wonder my pancakes didn't ever turn out awesome.


Warm up your handy circular griddle and put 4 pancakes, about 1/4 cup of pancake mix each.

I usually watch for my pancakes to puff up a bit and start to bubble before I turn them over.  Am I the only one who makes particularly ugly pancakes the first attempt.  I always have to wait for the second batch to cook to get pretty pancakes.

The picture isn't amazing but the pancakes were delightful!  I just served them with a little butter and Cinnamon Sugar on top.  Yum!  Enjoy!


Carrot Cake Pancakes
Source:  Raley's grocery store magazine

Pancake mix prepared according to package
1 Cup Shredded Carrot
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Prepare your Pancakes according to package directions in a large bowl.  Add the Carrot, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Vanilla extract.

Warm a Griddle over medium heat and when warm pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the griddle.  Cook about 3 minutes on each side.

Serve with butter and Cinnamon Sugar for a tasty breakfast.  (The recipe suggested making a cream cheese butter by combining 1/4 cup softened Cream Cheese, 1/2 Cup softened butter, 2 TBSP Brown Sugar and 1/2 tsp Cinnamon in a small bowl.  If you try it you will have to let me know how you liked it).

Approximately 14 Pancakes

121 Calories
13 Carbs
3 Fat
2.5 Protein


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment