October 29, 2011

Hungry Girl Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe

Pin It
I was watching an episode of Hungry Girl where she made Peanut Butter Fudge using some of the most intriguing ingredients I have ever seen before.  With only Pumpkin Puree, boxed Brownie mix, and Peanut butter she made a very low cal dessert.  I was on it!  Seeing as pumpkin is a favorite ingredient of mine and low cal desserts being awesome I had to try it.  She also used some sugar free chocolate syrup, which I bought for the recipe but forgot to use.  I actually looked up 2 of her recipes online and the one I was looking at didn't list the syrup.  So next time I'll use the syrup and see if it changes things.  The recipe suggests that you let the fudge fully cool before eating and I suggest you follow that step.  The fudge has a different texture and for some reason it doesn't really work warm.  I don't know that I would call this fudge because it didn't remind me of fudge much.  It is a dense cake with a pumpkiny chocolate flavor.  My family liked it and so did my brother-in-law.  My sister however didn't like it at all.  I figure it is what it is..a low cal treat that hits the spot.  But if you are looking for something that is truly like fudge this is not for you.


You will need Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies mix (Hungry Girl suggested this product specifically so I listened.), Pumpkin Puree, and Peanut Butter.

In a large bowl add the Brownies Mix and Pumpkin Puree.

Mix it all together well.  It seems a bit odd but it comes together pretty quickly.

Spray an 8x8 pan well with non-stick spray.

Add in the fudge mixture.

Dollop the PB on top.  She suggests you nuke the PB a bit to get it soft and easy to work with.  But I couldn't be bothered to do that and dirty another dish.

Using a knife (My rubber spatula was a bit too big so next time I'll use a knife) make a swirly pattern incorporating the PB.

Pretty.  Now bake the mixture at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Allow this to cool at room temperature for a little while.

When it is cool enough to go in the fridge cover it with foil.

Place it in the fridge and let it cool for at least 2 hours.  You can be like me and try it early..but I promise it is better cold.

Enjoy!



Hungry Girl Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Source:  Food Network - Hungry Girl

1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
2 C Canned Pumpkin Puree
2 TBSP Peanut Butter

Mix the Brownie Mix and Pumpkin together well in a large bowl.  (If you want to add the Chocolate Syrup now is the point you will want to do that.  2 TBSP of sugar free chocolate syrup and just add it into the mix.) Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with non-stick spray.  Add the brownie mix.  Dollop the Peanut Butter on top in various spots.  Then using a knife create a swirly pattern or pattern of your choice.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 35 minutes.  Once cooking is finished allow the fudge to cool at room temp for 20 minutes or until it is cool enough to go in the fridge.  Cover with foil and set in fridge for 2 hours.  Cut into pieces and Enjoy!

Approximately 24 servings

100 Calories
21 Carbs
2 Fat
1 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment