November 4, 2011

Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe

Pin It
Am I the only person who sings the SNL Sloppy Joe song whenever I think of cooking up a batch of Sloppy Joe's?  I wanted to cook up some Sloppy Joe's the other day but didn't have any canned tomato Sauce and I wondered how it would turn out if I used Rotel tomatoes.  My husband and I thought this was very good but it was a bit spicy for my kids.  My good kind sister helped me with this recipe. 


You will need Ground Beef, Carrots, Onions, Worcestershire Sauce, Tomato Paste, Rotel, a bit of Canola Oil, and Celery.  You will also want buns and cheese to serve.

Warm a pan over Medium heat and add a bit of Canola Oil. 

Now add the Chopped Onion, Celery, and Shredded Carrot to the pan.  Cook about 5 minutes to soften.

Add the Ground Beef and season with Salt & Pepper.

Crumble the Ground Beef and Incorporate with the veggies.  Cook until the meat is browned.
Add in 2 TBSP of Tomato Paste.

Toss in a can of Rotel Tomatoes.

Add several splashes of Worcestershire Sauce.  I probably added 5-6 just add according to your taste buds.

Shoot, I have a lot of spill over with this dish.  Messy, messy, messy.

Cover the pan with foil or a lid and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Grab a bun and top it with a bit of cheese.

Top the cheese with Sloppy Joe

Enjoy!



Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe
Source:  The Beating Hearth

1 tsp Canola Oil
1 Carrot
1 Celery
1/2 Medium Onioni
1 LB Ground Beef
5-6 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
2 TBSP Tomato Paste
1 Can Rotel spicy tomatoes

Warm a large skillet over medium heat and add the Canola oil.  When the pan has warmed up add in the Carrots, Celery, and Onion and cook about 5 minutes to soften.  Add the Ground Beef and season with Salt & Pepper.  Crumble the meat and cook until browned and incorporated with the veggies.  Add in the Tomato Paste and Rotel and stir together well.  Add in 5-6 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce or according to your taste preference.  Mix everything together then cover and let simmer about 20-30 minutes.

To serve take a bun and put a little cheese on it.  Top with the Sloppy Joe mixture and Enjoy!

Approximately 10 Servings of the meat mixture

85 Calroies
4 Carbs
3 Fat
10 Protein Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment