April 13, 2011

Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe

Pin It
The other day I was in a mad rush to get dinner ready.  I have a 6 month old (gosh that happened fast) who has declared the early evening to be fussy time.  I hate fussy time!  It's as if me getting dinner started is her cue to start in and not let up.  I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do.  Scenario one:  I pick her up and make her happy until bed time while everyone else (including my 3 year old) starve.  Or scenario two: Cook in a mad dash and hope the really wicked screaming doesn't start up.  This night I went with scenario two, yikes it got a little crazy in my kitchen.

I knew what I was making for the main dish but just didn't know what to do for a side.  I had some Brussel sprouts on hand and googled a recipe.  The first to come up was this yummy and simple recipe for Roasted Brussel Sprouts.

Here is our cast of Characters:  Brussel Sprouts washed and trimmed, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper.

Add 3 TBSP of Olive Oil

Then sprinkle in 3/4 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp Ground pepper mix well to coat.

Place Brussels onto a baking sheet with sides

Bake at 400 for 35-40 min.  You will want to shake the pan from time to time to help ensure even cooking (hence the reason for sides on the pan).  You can add extra salt in the cooking process but I would go easy as mine were a bit too salty.  Enjoy!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Source:  Ina Garten Food Network

1 1/2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
3 TBSP Olive Oil
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper

 Wash and trim your brussel sprouts and add to a large bowl.  add the olive oil, salt & pepper to the bowl and mix well to coat evenly.  Place the brussels onto a baking pan that has sides and place in a 400 degree over and bake for 35-40 minutes.  During the cooking be sure to shake the pan around to cook all sides.  Sprinkle with additional salt if you like them salty but go easy.  Enjoy!

Approximately 5 servings
103 Calories
6.6 Carbs
8.4 Fat
2.4 Protein

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment