May 15, 2011

Chicken Kiev Recipe

Pin It
Saturday morning I woke up very early and drug my kids out of bed to do a 5k.  I'm not a runner so I walked it with the hopes of finishing within an hour.  I didn't get an official time but according to my phone it was just over an hour.  I'm doing another 5k this coming Saturday and I intend to beat my time by at least 5 minutes.  Eventually I would like to be able to run a 5k and beyond...but for now walking one in under and hour will be my goal.  I made this yummy Chicken Kiev for dinner last night and had fun using my meat club.  I don't remember where the recipe came from..

You'll need Softened Butter, Chives, Garlic, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Crushed Corn Flakes, Parsley, Paprika, and Buttermilk.


In a small bowl mix together very soft butter,  minced Garlic Clove, and finely minced Chives.  First time I've ever made a gourmet butter and it was fun.  I gave it a little taste and boy does it have a kick with the raw Garlic.

Using parchment or wax paper shape the butter into a 3 inch by 2 inch block.  Place the Butter block in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.

In a shallow bowl combine crushed corn flakes, Paprika, and Chopped Parsley.

In another shallow bowl add your Buttermilk.


Put your Chicken into a zip top bag so Chicken bits don't fly all over your kitchen also you will need to get your meat club out.  Pound the chicken until it is about 1/4 inch thickness.


Take your butter out of the freezer and separate it into 4 equal portions.

Place the butter into the middle of the flattened Chicken

Roll it up and secure with a Toothpick.

Dip the Chicken into the Buttermilk

Then evenly coat the chicken with the Corn Flakes mix

Place chicken in a 13x 9 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray

Bake 425 Degrees 35-40 minutes until done


Enjoy!
 Chicken Kiev

2 TBSP Softened Butter
1 TBSP Minced Chives
1 Garlic Clove Minced
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
3/4 C Crushed Cornflakes
2 TBSP Minced Fresh Parsley
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/3 C Buttermilk

In a small bowl combine Butter, Chives, and Garlic.  Shape into a 3 inch by 2 inch block, cover and freeze till firm about 30 minutes.

Flatten Chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.  Cut butter into 4 equal bits and place one in the center of each chicken breast.  Fold sides over and secure with a toothpick.

In a shallow bowl mix together Corn Flakes, Paprika, and Parsley.  In another shallow bowl add your buttermilk.  Dip your chicken into the buttermilk and then coat evenly with Corn Flake mixture.

Place chicken seam side down in a greased 13 x 9 in pan and bake uncovered 425 degrees 35-40 minutes or until chicken is done.  Discard Toothpicks.

Enjoy!

Approximately 4 servings

387 Calories
17 Carbs
9 Fat
56 Protein

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment