November 13, 2011

Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce Recipe

Pin It
Spaghetti is one of those dishes that I like to whip up last minute when I haven't planned appropriately for dinner.  Sometimes I go wicked easy and just use the jarred stuff.  It works in a pinch but it just isn't delicious.  Using my favorite Bottled Tomatoes or any canned tomatoes you can whip up a quick and easy marinara sauce that is about a million times better than the jarred stuff.


I usually wing it based on what I have.  The staples are Canned Tomatoes, Basil, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Salt, and Italian Salad Dressing.  I usually like to add an Onion and some fresh Garlic to the mix but didn't have any this time.  Just go with the flow.  I just happened to have Italian Sausage so I added that this time.

Remove the Sausage from the casings and brown it over medium heat.
Add in the Tomatoes and stir around a bit.

Add in the seasoning to make it the way you like it.  I usually add 1-2 tsp of each spice and Salt & Pepper.

Add in about 2 TBSP of Italian Salad Dressing.

Mix it all together and bring to a boil.  Allow everything to simmer for about 10-20 minutes while your noodles are cooking.

Use your favorite pasta..or whatever you had left of several different kinds of Pasta.  Top with Cheese and Enjoy!



Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce Recipe

Bottled or Canned Tomatoes
Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Salt
Basil
Oregano
Meat or no meat

This is something that is so nice because you can personalize it for yourself.  I usually toss in about a tsp of each spice the Salt.  About 2 TBSP of the Zesty Italian salad dressing.  Then I just let it come to a boil and simmer it for ten minutes or so while I cook my noodles.  You can adjust the seasoning..add an onion and Garlic..or do anything you like in your marinara sauce.  You can add some pepper flakes for some spice.  This is a very customizable recipe. 

Enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment