May 30, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe

Pin It
My life has been so crazy busy over the last few weeks.  I got a new job and have been hustling and bustling trying to get trained.  It hasn't left much time for blogging between that, my family, and my other day to day stuff.  Let's just say that I really live for the weekends right now.  When I get home I want a dinner that takes very little of me.  Quick prep and let the oven take over from there.  I found this recipe here and am very glad I did.  It was very yummy and even the kids liked it.  My husband and I ate the leftovers warmed a bit in the microwave and wrapped in a slice of bread with a bit of yellow mustard on it.  Tasty and quick leftover goodness.  Give it a try when you are tired from all the hustle and bustle of your life.

You will need Bacon, Brown Sugar, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Canola Oil spray (or non-stick cooking spray), and Chicken.

Cut the Chicken breasts in half and season both sides with Salt & Pepper.

In a small bowl combine the Chili Powder and Garlic powder.  I went easy on the Chili Powder so my kids would eat the meat..but feel free to pump it up a notch for a spicier meal.

Evenly sprinkle the chicken with the Chili/Garlic Powder mixture on both sides.

I only had enough Bacon to use a half slice per piece of Chicken.  Next time I'll use a whole piece.  Just wrap the Bacon around the Chicken and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray or Canola Oil spray.

Sprinkle the Brown Sugar over the top of the Chicken and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. 


Enjoy!



Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
Source:  Diary of a Recipe Addict

4 Chicken Breasts, each cut in half
8 Bacon Slices (or 4, cut in half) 
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder  
1/2-1 tsp Chili Powder
2 TBSP Brown Sugar 

Mix together the Chili Powder and Garlic Powder in a small dish.  Season the Chicken on both sides with Salt & Pepper and the Chili/Garlic Powder mixture.

Spray a baking dish with Canola Oil spray or non stick cooking spray.  Wrap the chicken with the Bacon and place in the baking dish with the Bacon ends on the bottom.

Bake 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the Chicken is fully cooked and the bacon is good and crispy.

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________

Last year I was cooking up..

An Awesome Apple Daikon Slaw  

and a super tasty  Orange Sesame Chicken


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment